Fusion Contact Fire & Glow Staff Kit
Estimate Shipping Cost
Estimate Shipping Cost
We are here to create more happiness in the world. So if your shopping experience or the products ordered are not doing it for you, please get in touch or check out our returns policy here.
Most orders ship the same day if ordered on a business day before 1pm (AEST). Check Australia post delivery times via the link below. Select Express Post on checkout for fastest delivery.
The most versatile, customisable, compatible Glow and Fire Staff on the market.
Includes1 x Fusion Contact Aluminium Handle
2 x Fusion Contact Aluminium Fire Ends
2 x Fusion Contact LED Glow Ends
2 x C5 Concentrate Led Light Units
2 x Silicone End Caps
2 x Rechargeable AAA Nimh batteries (included with orders in Australia)
Fusion Modular System
Fusion Modular System
Compact for Travel
Like all Fusion Staffs, they setup in seconds by simply twisting the handle. The key to the system is the highly engineered patented locking mechanism that's simple to use and provides superior strength with no wobble or rattle – That's super important for a balanced flow.
The kit is super compact – packing down to about one-third its size when disassembled. With the solidly machined connector, it has no moving parts and collapses down instantly.
The Fusion system is totally modular and has been designed to fit any 22mm tubing, which means you can swap the ends to glow, fire, contact, or dragon ends.
C5 Light Unit
C5 Light Unit
The custom designed Fusion Glow C5 Light Units allow you to use hundreds of colour modes, you can personally select the colours and models you like most and save them alongside a selection of our favourites! These light units are also interchangeable with the poi, contact staff, single staff, double staff and devilsticks. The AAA batteries that come with the C5 unit are also rechargeable. As an optional extra we sell battery rechargers separately so you can recharge the batteries of your staff on the go, in the car, office or at home. Available here.
Read up on our C5 Light Unit Guide to learn how to use the light unit to its full potential.
Note: The light unit comes with a 12 month warranty, covering any manufacturing issues with the light unit. It does not cover water damage, battery acid leaks (from leaving batteries in for extended periods of time) or any other physical damage.
Made by Spinners for Spinners
We're spinners too and know what a great staff feels like. We've been making staffs for over 20 years and have been continually improving our design to bring you the highest quality twirling equipment on the market.
Burns well over 100 times! Fire resistant Kevlar wicks withstand 100's of burns, offering super long-lasting flames. The Kevlar absorbs the fuel, then once lit the fuel is burnt, leaving the Kevlar in tact.
Gripped with Silicone for a long-lasting grippy feel.
Silicone is an environmentally sound, clean product. It's washable and very durable. It's the longest lasting grip and provides excellent grip when dry. It is also fully washable so you can keep your props looking and feeling good as new.
Polycarb is perfect for our glow props as it is naturally transparent allowing light to shine through the entire toy. It is lightweight and strong with a high impact resistance. It has a transparent white look to it that glows bright at night.
Strong Aluminium Tubing
Made from 20mm x 1.6mm extruded 7075 Aluminium tube. It's the perfect balance between weight and strength, which means you'll enjoy this staff for years.
Lightweight Carbon Fibre
Carbon Fibre is super strong and super light which is what makes it such a good material for props like contact staffs where you want all the weight to be at the ends rather than through the body.
Our design ensures that there's more weight on the ends, which is where you want it, to help the staff build momentum as you spin. Each staff has dowel inserted in the ends to add the perfect amount of weight. A balanced weight; Not too heavy, not too light.
Length Selection Guide
Length Selection Guide
To help choose your contact staff length, a trick is to take your height in centimeters and minus 15. Select the staff length closest to this measurement. This is a good length for a balanced staff that isn't too long.
Keep in mind length is always personal preference.
Here are some of our best tips to get the most out of your fire props as well as how to light up with the safety of yourself and others in mind.
PREPARING YOUR NEW WICKS
It is important to properly prepare the wick before every burn to ensure you are both lighting up safely as well as prolonging the life of the wick as much as possible.
• Pour your fuel in a safe fuel container that will allow you to immerse your wick completely in the fuel.
• Soak the wick in the fuel until it is completely soaked through, approx. 10 mins.
• All successive burns only require a short dip in the fuel before burning. Just enough to get the wick wet.
• Shake out or spin off excess fuel from the wick after dipping and before lighting.
• ALWAYS IGNITE AWAY FROM FUEL CONTAINERS!
• It's a good idea to put the flame out before it naturally runs out as this makes sure only the fuel is burnt and stops the wick itself from burning.
MAINTENANCE & CARE
Following proper maintenance care will prolong the life of your fire toys to get as many burns as possible out of them.
• Never leave the wick smouldering – once the flame has burnt out, completely put out with a damp 100% cotton towel.
• Check your equipment before each use for any damage, to ensure it is safe to use and spin.
• Check for loose screws and tighten if any are loose.
• Replace any broken or damaged parts immediately.
• Protect the wicks when not in use with wick covers (socks work well for this).
• If the wick is frayed, trim before lighting up again.
• To prolong the life of your wicks avoid dropping or hitting the Kevlar wicks onto concrete or hard and abrasive surfaces or objects.
• Treat your items with care and use as intended.
As much as spinning with fire is heaps of fun, it's just as important to do it safely. These tips and procedures should always be followed, no matter how many times you've lit up before.
• We highly recommend our FIRELIGHT FUEL; Itʼs a clean burning, low odour fuel.
• Your fuel container should have a secure lid that will not spill if it is knocked over. Always keep your fuel container stored far away from any flames and away from any fire spinning.
• Your fuel container should be labelled that it contains flammable and dangerous goods, including the name of the fuel.
• Kerosene/Citronella are also options. Each fuel has different properties such as volatility, burning temperature and flashpoint. You can find out these specifications in the chemical's MSDS.
• Store fuel away from children and away from where you are spinning and away from where any fire will be.
FIRE SAFETY EQUIPMENT
• Always have a fire extinguisher and/or a damp 100% cotton towel on hand.
• Fire safety equipment should be kept in close proximity so that easily accessible if needed.
• Your fire safety assistant should be trained how to use these items safely and be in charge of where they are located.
WHAT TO WEAR
• Never wear loose or highly flammable synthetic clothing (natural, tight fitting fabrics are best).
• No dangly items worn.
• Keep long hair tied back.
• Lightly wet your hair if possible before spinning.
• Avoid the use of hairsprays, gels, and other products.
• Never spin alone. You should have someone else with you that is also comfortable around fire and knows first aid for burns. This person should also be watching your surroundings and if in public, act as the 'crowd control' and make sure your spinning area is big enough.
• Adult supervision and consent is required for persons under 18 years old.
• Fire spin outdoors only.
• Spin on flat ground that is dry and free of any slip hazards.
• Do not spin in dry bushland or forests as this can cause bush/forest fires.
• Spin away from any obstacles (around and overhead) and be observant to who and what is around you.
• Be responsible for your own and otherʼs personal safety.
• Please respect any local and/or state fire bans and restrictions.
• Obtain any permits if required to spin in public places, varies from county to country.
• Be aware of the props that you are spinning with and its intended use and its limitations
• Remember that Carbon Fibre is heat proof, but not flame proof. Precautions should be taken with this in mind such as keeping the prop moving to control the flame and taking wind direction into consideration to keep the flame away from you and the Carbon Fibre.
• Remember that while Aluminium is flame and heat proof, your hands are not! Aluminium gets very hot where it is close to the flame so you should be careful to only touch the gripped part of the product while spinning to avoid burns.
• Products should only be used for its intended use and misuse of products can result in injuries and damage to your toy.
CONTROL THE FLAME
• Know the nature of fire. Fire will always burn from the bottom up, so when holding fire stationary be intentional with how you are holding it. For example, hold hoops horizontally so the flame does not touch the tubing. Keep poi gently swaying to keep the heat away from your hands. Hold fans upward away from the body or horizontally away from the body.
• Once lit always keep the flame moving, even if slightly, to help control the flame and the heat. Avoid remaining motionless and start spinning and moving the prop as soon as safely possible.
• Be aware of the direction of the wind and how it affects the flame. Usually you would want the wind at your back so that it blows the flame away from your body and not toward you.
• Never light up until you are comfortable, practiced and confident with the prop without fire.
• Take it easy for your first light-up, there's no rush to spin with fire.
• Do not learn or practise new tricks when lit-up.
In the case of an accident or burn, it's important to know the steps to take before it happens.
WHAT TO DO IF CLOTHING CATCHES FIRE
Danger - Response - Send for help - Airway - Breathing - CPR - Defibrillation
Remember STOP, DROP & ROLL
Stop the person from moving around.
Drop the person to the ground and cover or wrap them in a fire blanket, 100% cotton wet towel or similar, if available.
Roll the person along the ground until the flames are extinguished.
Extinguish any burning props and ensure the area is safe.
Manage the burn.
FOR ALL BURNS
If the burn is severe or if it involves the airway, call triple zero (000) for an ambulance.
As soon as possible, hold the burnt area under cool running water for 20 minutes.
Remove any clothing and jewellery from the burnt area, unless they are stuck to the burn.
Cover the burn with a light, loose nonstick dressing, preferably clean, dry, non-fluffy material (eg plastic cling film).
Continue to check the patient for shock, and treat if necessary.
Seek medical advice if the burn is larger than a 20 cent piece, or deep.
Reference: St John's Ambulance
We use only quality materials to maximise safety, durability and fun.
Now you are ready to light up and express your unique self, exploring your skills and becoming part of the worldwide fire community.
My partner has watched me spin for a while now and was just starting to get into it himself. This staff was perfect for him to start his spinning journey and he loves literally everything about it! The weight, the grip, the ease, the lights, the fire, the feel, the look, the length, the convenience, this purchase has got it all and for a price that you just can't pass up.
Not to mention Jason gave us wonderful customer service, so all in all I can't recommend this company or product enough for yourself or as a great gift for someone looking for a sturdy and convenient flow toy.
I'm impressed with everything I've bought from threeworlds so far! The contact staff is high quality and the interchangeable led/fire ends of the staff is really neat. Just tried it for the first time and it was so easy to use. Seems durable, as well, more durable than other staffs I've owned. Thanks Threeworlds! :)
Fast delivery times to UK. Tried out both the LED staff and fire staff at a festival and both worked great. Very lightweight staff. Once I got used to the silicone grip and the weighting it felt like an extension of my own body. Felt really good. Love the LED patterns... easy to program once you get the hang of it. Only takes one AAA battery each side and seems to last plenty of time! This price point is great in that you get both the fire and LED staff for what just a fire staff could easily cost. Happy with the flowers too. I really recommend this! I'll be looking into the fusion dragon staff next.
Only suggestion is that it would be nice if this had an option to include a bag to carry it in or covers for the fire ends in the future (they might be sold separately). Other than that perfect!
Thanks for the review Jason and so happy you love the staff!
We do sell bags and fire ends separately :)
I have been practising with a home made contact staff for months, and I finally decided it was time to purchase a good quality performance staff.
I searched for ages and finally found three worlds and this contact staff seemed perfect for what I wanted, easy to travel with, LED for convenience and practise, big old wicks that will burn, flowers for some good flow, so I decided this was the one!
I've had it for the better part of two weeks now and my oh my what a brilliant staff it is!
It comes apart so easily but puts together extremely sturdily. The weight of the fire contact is heavy and slow just how I like it, and the led staff is lighter which is even better for spinning (looks like darth mauls lightsaber when you go nuts).
The silicone grip is easy to clean and it grips better than I could ask for.
The wicks burn for a good while, and the LEDs are great fun to customise and fiddle with!
The strobes are perfect for spinning and the slow modes for more contact moves.
The flowers are great quality and really slow the rolling down meaning I have been able to perform moves like the half steve which I couldn't pull off with my Practise staff.
It also came with a neat travel bag which I didn't even expect and it works great! I have used it every time and it fits everything neatly and goes over and across your shoulder, meaning I can have my backpack with my poi, fuel, towels and gear on my back, my dipping bucket, funnel and ladle in my hand and the staff kit slung over my shoulder when moving around and it doesn't feel awkward.
I'm pretty stoked.
I don't write reviews, but I am so happy with this staff I owe it to the team at threeworlds for working on such a well made set-up. I can tell it has been made by people who truly care about spinning, and I think it is priced at great value to the customer for the quality you are getting.
Thank you all for your amazing work ♡
So awesome to hear you're loving the staff kit Hayden! And thanks so much for the great review :) Hearing you guys are loving it is what keeps us inspired.
Have fun and happy spinning!