Flicker Fire Staff with 75mm Wicks
Estimate Shipping Cost
Estimate Shipping Cost
We are here to create more happiness in the world. So if your shopping experience or the products ordered are not doing it for you, please get in touch or check out our returns policy Here.
Most orders ship the same day if ordered on a business day before 1pm (AEST). Check Australia post delivery times via the link below. Select Express Post on checkout for fastest delivery.
A great all rounder. This is our most popular selling fire staff. Balanced weight and fitted with 75mm Kevlar Wicks this will create medium size flames that you'll be happy with as you learn and also once you advance your skills. Great for beginners to intermediate spinners.
Diameter = 20mm
Wall Thickness = 1.6mm
Width = 75mm
Length = 720mm
Thickness = 3.2mm
Weight Med = 480g
Weight Lge = 520g
Length Sml = 1200mm
Length Med = 1275mm
Length Lge = 1350mm
Length Selection Guide
Length Selection Guide
To help choose your staff length, measure from your feet to your sternum. Select the staff length closest to this measurement. This is a good length to enable you to perform horizontal/underarm tricks.
Keep in mind length is always personal preference.
Made by Spinners for Spinners
We're fire spinners too and know what a great staff feels like. We've been making fire staffs for over 20 years and have been continually improving our design to bring you the highest quality fire twirling equipment on the market.
Burns well over 100 times! Fire resistant Kevlar® wicks withstand 100's of burns, offering super long-lasting flames. The Kevlar absorbs the fuel, then once lit the fuel is burnt, leaving the Kevlar® in tact.
Gripped with EPDM for a grippy and comfortable feel.
EPDM is a type of synthetic rubber known for its durability against environmental wear and tear. This grip is tacky and padded with all the hard-wearing benefits.
EPDM stays grippy even even when wet which may make it better suited for play in humid climates. It is also user-replaceable at home with our EPDM Grip available per meter.
It has a cushioned feel with a 2mm thickness, perfect for softening catches, this makes it great for beginners and experienced spinners alike.
Strong Aluminium Tubing
Made from 20mm x 1.6mm extruded 7075 Aluminium tube. It's the perfect balance between weight and strength, which means you'll enjoy this staff for years.
Our design ensures that there's more weight on the ends, which is where you want it, to help the staff build momentum as you spin. Each staff has dowel inserted in the ends to add the perfect amount of weight. A balanced weight; Not too heavy, not too light.
Here are some of our best tips to get the most out of your fire props as well as how to light up with the safety of yourself and others in mind.
PREPARING YOUR NEW WICKS
It is important to properly prepare the wick before every burn to ensure you are both lighting up safely as well as prolonging the life of the wick as much as possible.
• Pour your fuel in a safe fuel container that will allow you to immerse your wick completely in the fuel.
• Soak the wick in the fuel until it is completely soaked through, approx. 10 mins.
• All successive burns only require a short dip in the fuel before burning. Just enough to get the wick wet.
• Shake out or spin off excess fuel from the wick after dipping and before lighting.
• ALWAYS IGNITE AWAY FROM FUEL CONTAINERS!
• It's a good idea to put the flame out before it naturally runs out as this makes sure only the fuel is burnt and stops the wick itself from burning.
MAINTENANCE & CARE
Following proper maintenance care will prolong the life of your fire toys to get as many burns as possible out of them.
• Never leave the wick smouldering – once the flame has burnt out, completely put out with a damp 100% cotton towel.
• Check your equipment before each use for any damage, to ensure it is safe to use and spin.
• Check for loose screws and tighten if any are loose.
• Replace any broken or damaged parts immediately.
• Protect the wicks when not in use with wick covers (socks work well for this).
• If the wick is frayed, trim before lighting up again.
• To prolong the life of your wicks avoid dropping or hitting the Kevlar wicks onto concrete or hard and abrasive surfaces or objects.
• Treat your items with care and use as intended.
As much as spinning with fire is heaps of fun, it's just as important to do it safely. These tips and procedures should always be followed, no matter how many times you've lit up before.
• We highly recommend our FIRELIGHT FUEL ™; Itʼs a clean burning, low odour fuel.
• Your fuel container should have a secure lid that will not spill if it is knocked over. Always keep your fuel container stored far away from any flames and away from any fire spinning.
• Your fuel container should be labelled that it contains flammable and dangerous goods, including the name of the fuel.
• Kerosene/Citronella are also options. Each fuel has different properties such as volatility, burning temperature and flashpoint. You can find out these specifications in the chemical's MSDS.
• Store fuel away from children and away from where you are spinning and away from where any fire will be.
FIRE SAFETY EQUIPMENT
• Always have a fire extinguisher and/or a damp 100% cotton towel on hand.
• Fire safety equipment should be kept in close proximity so that easily accessible if needed.
• Your fire safety assistant should be trained how to use these items safely and be in charge of where they are located.
WHAT TO WEAR
• Never wear loose or highly flammable synthetic clothing (natural, tight fitting fabrics are best).
• No dangly items worn.
• Keep long hair tied back.
• Lightly wet your hair if possible before spinning.
• Avoid the use of hairsprays, gels, and other products.
• Never spin alone. You should have someone else with you that is also comfortable around fire and knows first aid for burns. This person should also be watching your surroundings and if in public, act as the 'crowd control' and make sure your spinning area is big enough.
• Adult supervision and consent is required for persons under 18 years old.
• Fire spin outdoors only.
• Spin on flat ground that is dry and free of any slip hazards.
• Do not spin in dry bushland or forests as this can cause bush/forest fires.
• Spin away from any obstacles (around and overhead) and be observant to who and what is around you.
• Be responsible for your own and otherʼs personal safety.
• Please respect any local and/or state fire bans and restrictions.
• Obtain any permits if required to spin in public places, varies from county to country.
• Be aware of the props that you are spinning with and its intended use and its limitations
• Remember that Carbon Fibre is heat proof, but not flame proof. Precautions should be taken with this in mind such as keeping the prop moving to control the flame and taking wind direction into consideration to keep the flame away from you and the Carbon Fibre.
• Remember that while Aluminium is flame and heat proof, your hands are not! Aluminium gets very hot where it is close to the flame so you should be careful to only touch the gripped part of the product while spinning to avoid burns.
• Products should only be used for its intended use and misuse of products can result in injuries and damage to your toy.
CONTROL THE FLAME
• Know the nature of fire. Fire will always burn from the bottom up, so when holding fire stationary be intentional with how you are holding it. For example, hold hoops horizontally so the flame does not touch the tubing. Keep poi gently swaying to keep the heat away from your hands. Hold fans upward away from the body or horizontally away from the body.
• Once lit always keep the flame moving, even if slightly, to help control the flame and the heat. Avoid remaining motionless and start spinning and moving the prop as soon as safely possible.
• Be aware of the direction of the wind and how it affects the flame. Usually you would want the wind at your back so that it blows the flame away from your body and not toward you.
• Never light up until you are comfortable, practiced and confident with the prop without fire.
• Take it easy for your first light-up, there's no rush to spin with fire.
• Do not learn or practise new tricks when lit-up.
In the case of an accident or burn, it's important to know the steps to take before it happens.
WHAT TO DO IF CLOTHING CATCHES FIRE
Danger - Response - Send for help - Airway - Breathing - CPR - Defibrillation
Remember STOP, DROP & ROLL
Stop the person from moving around.
Drop the person to the ground and cover or wrap them in a fire blanket, 100% cotton wet towel or similar, if available.
Roll the person along the ground until the flames are extinguished.
Extinguish any burning props and ensure the area is safe.
Manage the burn.
FOR ALL BURNS
If the burn is severe or if it involves the airway, call triple zero (000) for an ambulance.
As soon as possible, hold the burnt area under cool running water for 20 minutes.
Remove any clothing and jewellery from the burnt area, unless they are stuck to the burn.
Cover the burn with a light, loose nonstick dressing, preferably clean, dry, non-fluffy material (eg plastic cling film).
Continue to check the patient for shock, and treat if necessary.
Seek medical advice if the burn is larger than a 20 cent piece, or deep.
Reference: St John's Ambulance
We use only quality materials to maximise safety, durability and fun.
Now you are ready to light up and express your unique self, exploring your skills and becoming part of the worldwide fire community.
Recently brought a flicker fire staff and could not be any happier, super well balanced with high quality wicks on either end. Came within two days, great company 5 stars every day
Flicker Fire Staff with 75mm Wicks
Not sure why it took so long to get to me as I paid for express. One item was missing Second item turned up surprisingly day after I rang ?????????
Honestly couldn't be happier. Purchased 75mm fire staff and poi.. . Both great quality and I'm so happy. Also Purchased a 5 litre fuel and sparkle dust.... the extra cost was minimal for transporting fuel and the sparkle dust stuff is absolutely awesome. It was all delivered quickly and in great condition... packed well. Highly recommend this company and all of these products.